Who is CONA?
CONA (Council of Neighborhood Associations) is an umbrella organization representing Monroe County’s neighborhood associations. We formulate positions on public policy and represent our neighborhoods at city, county and state government meetings.
CONA exists to:
- Foster a sense of community in city and county neighborhoods
- Promote neighborhood preservation and advocate for appropriate land use
- Support and empower neighborhoods for effective community action
- Maintain and improve the quality of life
- Encourage the formation of new neighborhoods in our community
- Enhance communication and cooperation between neighborhood organizations
- Provide a forum where neighborhood organizations can discuss specific concerns.
We envision a government which respects the non-fiscal attributes of our community, which include our natural resources, green space, trees and other elements of the physical environment which enhance our overall quality of life.
Chair: Jon Lawrence
Vice Chair: John Kennedy
Secretary: Sandra Clothier
Treasurer: Elizabeth Cox-Ash
Members at Large: Cynthia Bretheim, Donald Granbois, Carrie Winkel
Check out our most recent Bylaws
When We Meet
CONA generally meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 6 PM in the Hooker Conference Room of City Hall. Check the calendar for specifics. The meetings are open to everyone.
How Your Neighborhood Can Join CONA
mail address: P.O. Box 252 Bloomington, IN 47402-0252
Want to See More?
We also maintain a Google Group Forum where you can view more current CONA happenings. Feel free to check it out!