Who is CONA?
CONA (Council of Neighborhood Associations) is an umbrella organization representing Monroe County’s neighborhood associations. We formulate positions on public policy and represent our neighborhoods at city, county and state government meetings.
CONA exists to:
- Foster a sense of community in city and county neighborhoods
- Promote neighborhood preservation and advocate for appropriate land use
- Support and empower neighborhoods for effective community action
- Maintain and improve the quality of life
- Encourage the formation of new neighborhoods in our community
- Enhance communication and cooperation between neighborhood organizations
- Provide a forum where neighborhood organizations can discuss specific concerns.
We envision a government which respects the non-fiscal attributes of our community, which include our natural resources, green space, trees and other elements of the physical environment which enhance our overall quality of life.
Chair: John Kennedy
Vice Chair: Tom Shafer
Secretary: Judy Eastman
Treasurer: Elizabeth Cox-Ash
Members at Large: Donald Granbois, Jon Lawrence
Check out our most recent Bylaws
When We Meet
CONA generally meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Hooker Conference Room of City Hall. Meetings are open to everyone.
How Your Neighborhood Can Join CONA
mail address: P.O. Box 252 Bloomington, IN 47402-0252
Want to See More?
We also maintain a Google Group Forum where you can view more current CONA happenings. Feel free to check it out!